Sunday, August 24, 2014

Profile #1 - an 'old' friend.

I know a guy, or rather, he knows me. He probably knows me better than anyone, and yet we only lived in the same town for two years. Almost thirty years ago.

He knows things about me that I have not even begun to realize, let alone understand. Yet he still takes my calls. Usually.

It is a very unique relationship since we can go months at a time without saying a word to each other. But when we do start talking, it is as if we were still fifteen and had our entire lives still ahead of us.

I guess that's why I enjoy talking to him. It also explains why sometimes I feel like I NEED to talk to him. So that I can once again feel optimistic and green. It's more than just capturing the way things use to be. Much more than that. It's about what could still be. Because we still have the rest of our lives ahead of us. However long that might be. We still have it.

Do you have someone in your life that makes you feel that way? When was the last time you spoke to them?

Well,.....what are you waiting for?


-b2

No comments:

Post a Comment