Monday, May 14, 2018

A squirrels perspective

Being a busy squirrel
Isn't easy

Let me tell you

Your bird feeder protector
Is the least

Of my worries

Yeah
The corn cob
That spins around

Is a bitch

The dome
Over the suet

Well

That contraption
Is a bitch

But what really
Sends my

Tail hairs
Flying

What truly
Makes being me

A squirrel

A task

Is

My nutsack

When was the last time
You

Carried everything
That you

And your family

Will consume

For the next
180 some odd days

In a nutsack
The size

Of a squirrel's
Nutsack

Think about

That

For just a moment

Then

You tell
Me

If you can

Comprehend

The dilemma
That I'm in

Carrying the weight
Of this nutsack

Eva' day

Not just
Some days

Not just
Occasionally

But Eva day

It's a bitch

But

It's my bitch

Because

It's my nutsack

No comments:

Post a Comment