Thursday, September 6, 2018

A prayer of desperation, in the form of a professional letter.

Dear Universe,

I hope you have been well.

Just checking in to see if you've had a chance to review my recent requests.

I started out thirty days ago whispering to you in my mind. Then I switched to stating it out loud to every poor schmuck that would give me a minute and pretend that they were listening.

Over the last seventy two hours I have ramped up my efforts to connect with you. First with prayer and pleading then with screaming at the top of my lungs.

I do appreciate the time and energy that you've given me and how you've at least attempted to let me know that you have received my message.

However, I have to admit I'm a little confused with the way you responded.

I'll take full responsibility if I haven't been clear with you or with myself about what it is that I truly want and need. But please take a moment to contemplate, and then clarify your thoughts, on the points that I have summarized below.

-As I started to prepare myself to let go of my current career path:
          -Why did you feel it was necessary for my career to come calling for me when I least expected it?

-As I began to feel strongly that my relationships we're beginning to grow stronger:
           -Why did you suddenly pull them farther away from me?

-When it was evident to me that I had hit bottom and had started to work my way back up:
                -Why was it necessary for you to make me feel that everything I was doing to make things better was all for naught?

Please let me know when you have a moment to schedule some time with me to further discuss.

I will admit, the moments of time on my calendar that are currently available for me to give you my undivided attention are rare and unpredictable.

Just let me know what you need me to do and who you need me to do it to, or with, or for.

I appreciate what time you have taken to consider my quandaries and look forward to your timely response.

Humbly Yours,

b2

No comments:

Post a Comment