Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ode to Uuan Valdez...


Have I mentioned to you how much I like coffee?
And I don't mean that in the 'I'm not a nice person til my third cup' kind of 'I like coffee'.

Though that can sometimes ring true.

It's more like I wake up everyday and take a knee:
"Lord, thank you for Juan Valdez. Please look over him and his burro today"

And while I have been known to step up the counter at FourBucks from time to time
I do not require a special roast, frothy top, super sweetened candy creation.

Nine and a half hour sludge at the side road filling station will do just fine.
Some cups of java are better than others, but I haven't had a bad one yet.

If my cup of precious liquid happens to loose its warmth, never fear.
I have been known to chug a cup of room temperature grog for the benefit of the environment.

No iced coffee for me please,......but for goodness sake don't let me see you pour any out.
You see, coffee is my friend.

So raise a mug, grip your cup, for I would like to propose a toasty hurrah to YOU
My fellow lover of the bean:

Here's to my fav coffee shop, here's to our beloved Mr. Hoppee.
Sweetened, creamed, or black you make such a wonderful difference in our lives.

God bless you Juan Valdez..........




-b2 'dream big, act swiftly....' https://www.facebook.com/b2publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment