Thursday, August 28, 2014

profile #3 - well timed advice....


The most unselfish people I have met on the journey thus far, are those who make time. Time to listen, to share, and make an earnest attempt to learn. To learn where I am at, where I am headed, and what part of where they have been may benefit me.

While I have been blessed with opportunity to spend time with many folks of this ilk, last night's episode of enlightenment is quite special. Mostly because it happened just last night.

He is a humble, quiet man that has a background that warrants neither of these traits. Quick to listen, thoughtfully hesitant to answer, but always willing to participate in a collaborative discussion.

Of the many things he continues to impart to me about the world, life, and myself; one message stands out and will forever change my perspective:

"The most important ingredient to happiness and fulfillment is to have, to earn, the benefit of the doubt."

There is so much more that I need to hear and ponder on this statement, but for now........

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

-b2



Read profile #2 by clicking HERE

Catch up on the journey by starting with profile #1

No comments:

Post a Comment